Entrepreneurship Assistance Program
Recognizing the vital role entrepreneurs play in the Bronx’s economy, we work in partnership with a broad network of public and private partners across Bronx County and New York City to provide the information, assistance and advocacy that facilitates small business growth and development.
We support the Bronx’s businesses with 500 or fewer employees by creating opportunities to expand financial literacy, access to capital, entrepreneurial skills and providing the coaching they need to succeed.
The Entrepreneurial Assistance Program (EAP) provide instruction, training, technical assistance and support services to individuals who have recently started their own business or are interested in starting a business.
Since its inception, the EAP initiative has helped entrepreneurs create new businesses and has provided in-depth assistance to minorities, women and dislocated workers interested in starting a business. The centers assist new and aspiring entrepreneurs in developing basic business management skills, refining business concepts, devising early-stage marketing plans and preparation of action plans. In addition, the program actively assists EAP client efforts to obtain business financing in partnership with The New Covenant Dominion Federal Credit Union.
The Entrepreneurial Assistance Center provides comprehensive assistance in enterprise development to owners and prospective owners of small businesses.
The EAP center provides the following in-depth services to owners and operators of start-up businesses:
- Counseling on the feasibility of starting a business
- Assistance in refining a business concept and developing a business plan
- Education in established management principals and practices
- In-depth business counseling in product development and marketing
- Guidance in exporting, contract procurement and licensing
- One-on-one counseling in identifying and accessing capital and credit
- Access to business support networks
- Ongoing and continued technical assistance to program graduates including linkages to other small business services
For more information, please contact the Program Administrator at 718 328 6072 Ext 121